Latest posts ‘Hayley’
Hayley and her boyfriend Chad Gilbert were spotted by fans while they were at Universal Halloween Horror Nights with their friends last Friday. We have added new photos with fans into our gallery, you can see all the new photos here.
Chad also updated photo from the night on his instagram:
“So glad Horror Nights starts in September! AVP looked awesome and werewolf in London scared me the most. Tradition kept.”
Well+Good interviewed Hayley about her favorite beauty products. You can read the interview below.
Imagine you’re Hayley Williams, the lead singer of Paramore. Your band’s latest single, “Ain’t It Fun,” practically plays on repeat on the country’s top radio stations and you play at sold out concert arenas across the globe. You probably need some caked-on, melt-proof, chemical-strength makeup for those appearances, right?
Wrong. A champion of healthier choices, 25-year-old Williams opts for natural beauty products whenever she can. “What I like about natural beauty products is that, when you find one you love, not only do you get some kind of instant gratification just by using it, but you also get the peace of mind that you’ve invested in your future wellness,” she says.
Williams discovered natural beauty through her battle with acne, which she previously treated with some pretty harsh products. “Honestly, some of those things did work, but I just didn’t feel good about making an aggressive beauty routine part of my lifestyle,” she recalls. “The long-term effects scared me.”
So when she does need to glam up for the stage, Williams and her makeup artist, Brian J. O’Connor, opt for makeup from brands like Armour Beauty and Tarte. “I want it to look healthy and natural throughout the whole show—more important than setting the skin with a powder or a spray afterward is hydrating it and prepping it beforehand, either with a favorite moisturizer or facial oil,” she says. “My personal favorite base makeup for stage is Tarte’s Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer. It performs well under pressure and it doesn’t stress me out like cakey makeups do.”
Still, she admits there isn’t a mascara in the world that can stand up to a Paramore concert (AKA blaring lights and 25,000 fans screaming at you), be it natural or not. “I don’t care about having raccoon eyes, it’s a rock show, not a magazine cover,” she says. —Jamie McKillop
1. DoTerra PastTense Essential Oil Blend Roll ($20) I carry this everywhere with me. It’s fully loaded with stress-reducing essential oils (all certified pure therapeutic grade) like lavender, peppermint, chamomile, basil, and even more. It’s so good for people who, like me, carry tension in their necks. Especially the kind of tension caused by excessive head-banging. I just roller-ball it right onto my temples or the back of my neck, and I swear in minutes I feel like I’m in a peppermint-lavender wonderland with no worries in the world.
2. RMS Un-Cover Up ($36) My absolute favorite beauty product. I used this to cover spots when I was battling acne years ago, on and off stage, and I still use it now even though my skin’s cleared up. Healthy, organic ingredients that are gentle enough for sensitive skin, but also work well enough to keep you feeling confident.
3. Kevin Murphy Young Again Masque ($42) Kevin Murphy’s hair-care range may be the only reason my hair is still alive today. I’ve used his products almost exclusively for the last seven years, and my overly-dyed hair is still healthy as ever. All the products are paraben-free, sulfate-free, and cruelty-free, and this hair mask is my new favorite treat. I love the smell and the instant gratification of how happy my hair seems afterward.
4. Rich Hippie Rock Star Organic Perfume ($85) First of all, yes I realize how ridiculous it is that I’m in a rock band and I wear a perfume called Rock Star, but that’s beside the point. Fragrances always make my head hurt! I had to start looking for alternatives that weren’t filled with nonsense, and that’s when I discovered this one. For me, it’s the perfect mix of flowery feminine, sexy-spicy clove, and cozy vanilla. Bonus points for the tiny glass vial and rollerball application that make it so convenient to travel with.
5. S.W. Basics Lemongrass Body Oil ($36) I love, love, love this company, what they stand for, and the people behind it. All their products feel luxe and fun at the same time. Anything you order from them has the ingredients listed clearly on the front of the bottle. This one in particular has four, count ‘em, FOUR, ingredients. I’ve never felt more like I’ve got it all together than when I douse myself in this magical stuff after a shower or a bath in the morning.
Hayley also wrote about the interview on her tumblr, here’s what she said:
I did a quick interview with one of my fav lifestyle blogs! It was so cool for me to get to highlight some of my everyday, go-to, all-natural(!!!) beauty products… maybe a couple you’ve never tried before?
Important thing for me to note is that I finally got to talk very briefly about acne, which I’ve struggled with off and on since I was about 19. I discovered a lot of healthier, more natural products in my quest for clear skin… which completely changed the way I think about skincare/beauty products.
Now here’s another thing: I don’t kill myself over products that I love which are less than perfectly pure. In fact, I’ve been known to drop a dime on cheap-o mascaras and lipsticks in my day… (come ON, Target is my promised land!!!). But I do think that there is infinite value (both ethical and health-wise) in buying and using products which aren’t chemical-laden and instead are filled with healthy and pure ingredients. Investing in your long-term looks and feels is highly underrated. And just like I mentioned in this interview, it’s nice to know that when you’re buying yourself a product from a brand that’s not taking short cuts ingredient-wise, it’s gonna feel great to both your today self and your tomorrow self.
Anyway, that’s enough talk! Check out the short little interview for yourself and don’t forget to know that you’re very lovely.
Hayley was spotted by fans at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA yesterday. Go to our gallery to see new photos with fans.
Hayley was spotted by fans while she was shopping in Chicago yesterday. Go to our gallery to see new photos with fans.
Hayley was spotted by paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport yesterday. She was on her way to St. Paul, MN, where Paramore plays tonight. Go to our gallery to see new photos from yesterday.
Hayley was spotted by fans in Albuquerque, NM yesterday. She was shopping at the ABQ Uptown Mall and also went to watch a movie at a local movie theater with rest of the band. Check our gallery to see new photos with fans.