We are approaching the end of another year. 2016 has been weird, and a lot of stuff has happened. Some of it has been negative, some of it has been positive. But we at Paramore Online want to believe that there is more good in this world, than bad.
This December, we want to invite you to join us on our mission to make as many people smile as possible. There are many things we have no control over, but we do have control over our own actions, and how we treat other people. The Paramore family is MASSIVE, there are so many of us in so many different countries! Paramore has always stressed the importance of kindness and positivity. We want to honor that message by raffling off a gift pack as a random act of kindness to YOU! Read on…
We invite you to spread positivity with us by doing good deeds, acts of kindness. Your good deed can be anything, here are just a few examples:
- Sending a positive text to a friend
- Shoveling snow for your neighbor
- Donating money to a charity of your choice
- Taking your old clothes to a flea market that will donate the proceeds to different charities
- Volunteering to babysit or take someone’s dog out
- Baking a pie for someone
- Reading a story for your younger sibling
- Making a Blessing Bag
- Volunteering at the local animal shelter
- Keeping company for those who are lonely
You have until December 31st, 2016 (11:59PM, EST / New York time), to send us a message with proof of your good deed. (You have until FOREVER to do good deeds, though!) So once you’ve done an act of kindness, tweet us or send us an email, with a picture that tells us what your good deed was. You can elaborate with a few words, if you wish. If you tweet us, make sure to include the hashtag #ParaMoreGoodDeeds, so we will find your submissions! If you want to do more than one good deed, you can. The more good deeds you do, the more chances you’ll have to win our Good Dye Young (Hayley’s hair dye line) prize pack!
Our Good Dye Young prize pack will include…
- two (2) tubes of their Ex-Girl (pink) dye
- a Good Dye Young Tie-Dye T-shirt (Unisex Medium)
- two Good Dye Young stickers
- a 20% off discount code, if you want to order more Good Dye Young products!
So in a nutshell…
- Do a good deed (or more, and get more entries!)
- Take a picture to show what your good deed was
- Send us an email (email@example.com), fill out the form below OR tweet us (@ParamoreINTL). If you tweet us, make sure to include the hashtag #ParaMoreGoodDeeds, or your submission might get lost!
- Every good deed counts separately! Therefore the more good deeds you do and provide us, the more times your name is put in the draw! The kinder you are, the more chances you have of winning – so spread the love!
- Good Dye Young, Paramore (their members, families, friends, management and/or record label etc) are in no way affiliated with this contest. The dyes and other merchandise, that will be given away as prizes, have been bought with our own money. The discount code is a code that was given to a team member of ours, which has not been used. This contest is organized by Paramore Online.
- You have to be at least 18, or have the consent of your legal guardian, to enter this contest.
- This prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If you win, you need to provide us with your full name and an address where we can ship your prize to.
- The prize will be awarded to the first person chosen in a random draw who has successful
completed the entry criteria.
- This contest is open to fans worldwide. We will pay for the shipping costs, but will not take responsibility for any customs fees that may occur.
- Once the prize leaves our premises, we will not be responsible for lateness or damaged sustained during the delivery of the prize.
- By entering this contest you accept the full terms, conditions and rules of this competition and agree to abide by these rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by Paramore Online in regard to the contest.
To submit your good deed, email us, tweet us or use this form:
Hayley’s hair dye company, goodDYEyoung, is participating in Black Friday in a cool, different way. Instead of doing usual Black Friday sales, the company wants to give back and help other people. Starting today (through December 20th), goodDYEyoung will be donating $1 from every product sold towards a non-profit organization that represents a cause that is dear to the company.
By purchasing one or more of their dyes, or some of their merch, you will donate a dollar towards a good cause! Great, huh?
Since our launch, we at goodDYEyoung have been blown away by the many inspiring people who make up this community! Together, we're creating an all-inclusive counter culture that inspires creativity. . From Black Friday until December 20th, we will donate $1 from every product sold to a non-profit organization. The organizations we have selected represent communities and causes we care deeply about. . Please join us in spreading inclusiveness — shop consciously :: dye boldly!
We’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding Paramore’s fanmail address. The band does not have a PO box, but you can send mail to their record label in New York.
We do not guarantee that you will get anything back from the band or that the band sees any of it, but you can always try! Make sure to include a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope and international reply coupons (IRC), or if you live in the US, just a regular stamp will do. This MIGHT increase your chances of getting something back. The band appreciates fanmail, but due to their busy schedules, they might not have the chance to reply.
Use the following address to send Paramore fanmail:
Fueled By Ramen
New York NY 10019
Please know all the mail gets screened before it’s passed onto Paramore so keep it appropriate!
Paramore will be part of celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart’s Purpose Hotel project and they will be featured on The Purpose Hotel, Vol. 1 soundtrack to help fund the project.
The Purpose Hotel is a hotel in which everything benefits a worthy cause. The Internet fee will go to an initiative fighting human trafficking, the furniture creation will provide jobs for people in need, and each room will sponsor a child’s education, with a plaque on each door telling that child’s story. You can read more about the project here.
The soundtrack will have 20 tracks from different artists. It’s still unknown whether or not the soundtrack will include a new Paramore song, “Purpose Hotel is something that we want do locally with our community. But it isn’t promotion for new album!” Hayley tweeted when a fan asked about a new song.
You can pre-order the soundtrack at the project’s kickstarter page. Everyone who pledges $15 or more will receive digital version of the soundtrack, it’s expected to be released sometime next month.
Jeremy commented on the artists of the soundtrack saying “The artists we’ve chosen for The Purpose Hotel soundtrack are not only friends of ours, but their songs perfectly fit where we see the hotel going, with themes of justice, relationships, beauty and hope.”
One of our admins, Lidia wrote an article about Hayley and her vegan hair dye line Good Dye Young for Cosmopolitan Finland. You can read the whole article below and see the original here (in Finnish).
Singer Hayley Williams, 27, has had a busy year. In January, Hayley’s band Paramore announced they were working on their fifth album. In February, Hayley married her longtime boyfriend, guitarist Chad Gilbert of the band New Found Glory. In March she launched a vegan hair dye company, Good Dye Young.
Hayley, who dyed her hair for the first time when she was 12 years old, had been cooking up the idea of a hair dye company for several years. Taking over a completely new field outside of music was a big step for Hayley, so she wanted to do it with her best friend, hairstylist Brian J. O’connor, 29.
Good Dye Young’s goal is to create a community where everyone can express themselves freely. When Hayley was young, she received many disapproving looks for her bright hair, because there weren’t many people with colored hair in her hometown in the state of Tennessee.
– I’m glad that something I do with a business somehow helps people, who have ever somehow felt left out. It gives my work a real meaning, Hayley tells Cosmopolitan.
It was important to Hayley to have people of different backgrounds and ethnicities represent her company. For example, the plus-size models the company used in their campaigns, were well received.
Hayley was bullied in school, and that’s why she wants to encourage young women to ignore other people’s opinions.
– Every girl deserves to be seen and heard. I would like that all are valued for who they are, Hayley said when receiving the Trailblazer-Prize at Billboard Women In Music Awards in 2014.
Good Dye Young currently has five semi-permanent hair dyes: Red (Rock Lobster), pink (Ex-Girl), blue (Blue Ruin), Orange (in the Riot), and yellow (Steal My Sunshine). Hayley’s favorite is the orange one.
– Orange is definitely the color I feel the most comfortable in.
Good Dye Young’s products contain sunflower oil, as well as an essential oil, bergamot, which is said to reduce stress.
Hayley and her husband Chad Gilbert were at the Acceptance show at Mercy Lounge in Nashville, TN last night. Hayley tweeted about it and said it was her first Acceptance show since Paramore opened for the band in 2005.
Few fans, including one of our admins, Lidia, met the two at the show. Go to our gallery to see more new photos with fans.
Hayley was also spotted by a fan at Frothy Monkey in Downtown Franklin yesterday: